How do we slow this pandemic? This is the question is on everyone’s mind and we know the answer: social distancing is the best way to slow Coronavirus from spreading. But what about our neighbors without stable housing, for whom sheltering in place and social distancing is not a viable option?
As an “essential business” under the Bay Area shelter-in-place order, ATC’s goal is to provide the services that people on the streets most need as well as important information about how to stay as safe during this pandemic, all while trying to reduce the risk of spreading Coronavirus.
Here are some of the tactics we’re using to accomplish this goal:
- We have increased the amount of food that we are distributing to folks.
- We are giving out as many supplies as possible that will reduce people’s risk—hand sanitizer, alcohol pads, and more.
- We are keeping our clients informed on how to protect themselves and where to seek medical care, should they need it.
- In this time of heightened anxiety and emotions, we are also researching ways to provide additional counseling over the phone and through video calls, when possible.
- We are trying to be as flexible and nimble as possible as each day brings new information.
We understand that everyone is being impacted by this outbreak in different ways. Our thoughts are with you—we are all in this together.